1. I am older than I look, thanks to good genes, a fairly clean lifestyle and my wonderful hairdresser Tracy.
2. I was voted as "best female artist" in my High School. I used to do a fair amount of painting and drawing, but am quite rusty now. Perhaps someday when I slow down I will try and re~hone my faded skills.
3. I have been a Jack of all trades throughout my life, and held many jobs.....especially in my youth. I guess that the most quirky was while attending a summer semester at college in Gainesville, I worked at a long defunct drive~in restaurant as a roller skating server. My skating skills are not the best, so needless to say I spilled a few Cokes in my day!
4. I studied art in college, and fell in love with pottery. I got pretty good at it (or thought that I did:-), so for extra cash as a student I did quite a few art shows. We still have some of my things around, and these mugs are my husband's favorite for his morning coffee. Who knows.....another trade that maybe I will get back to someday?
5. I have family who hails from Paris (on my Mom's side), and was fortunate to spend a couple of summers living with them while growing up. We did alot of traveling all over Europe, and I have been back a few times as an adult with my husband and family. The last time that I visited Paris was two years ago with my younger daughter, and I really feel the pull to go back again soon!
6. I am a typical woman chocoholic, but am trying very hard (most of the time:-) to kick the habit! Not an easy thing to do, as I was raised being allowed to eat all of it that I wanted back in the day. I guess that is how they used to try and fatten up skinny kids. Now in middle age I definitely cannot do that any more!
7. My husband and I met in the parking lot of the apartment complex that we used to live in. We have been blissfully married for 26 years, and he is the greatest! Here is a glimpse of our lovely green eyed girls on a trip to Vegas a couple of years ago. They get their lush curly locks from their dad, NOT me unfortunately:-) I adore this photo!
Thank you Donna for letting me know that my vintage silver tray (SOLD) was used in ROMANTIC HOMES MAGAZINE this month as a prop in the Screensaver feature entitled " Out Of Africa"
I will be working on the website with new things coming later in the week.....please check back in soon. Have a great week~XOXO~ Janet