I don't think that I have ever shared the front entry into our home, even though I've been blogging for over 9 years now! I'm not really sure why, perhaps because I find front entryways, foyers, front hallways to be...a rather dull subject for a blog post or maybe that I find ours to be rather blah. As everything around here it's forever changing and today is no exception as I've been putting out a few things for the fall season.
Our front entry has double doors that each have a clear leaded glass window in them. Very 1980's I know, but new front doors are not in our budget and these are perfectly functional. They will stay until the next homeowner here decides to change them out. The hardware has an oil rubbed bronze finish that I did before there were blogs, and underneath that finish is polished brass that looks like gold. What's old is now new again and THE GOLD LOOK IS IN...who knew! Over the door is an old wood pediment that I found a long time ago and painted white. It adds a little architectural charm over the door.
The front entryway has a console that I designed and had made years back with a waterfall edge to the glass. It's sitting on a pair of corbels from Ballard Designs that I painted white back when I was in that crazed era of painting EVERYTHING white. The mirror is an antique and yes...it wasn't originally white either :-) It's all very functional and has a bit of a French flair, as that's my thing. Mixed up French style with shabby chic and functionality reign around here...
An umbrella stand (what's wrong with this woman who painted everything white?!) is a necessity in Miami...since in the Sunshine State we receive rain almost daily. Other must haves for the entry/exit would be a chair for sitting and putting on shoes (or...sometimes taking them off) and a catch-all bench.
What's in your entryway? Do you have a coat closet or mudroom? We DON'T have those down here...at least I've never seen one.
A little bit of fall is showing up in my home with some simple faux white baby pumpkins, dried flowers in a trophy cup and a candle sitting on some old rumpled books. Actually I should add the books are MADE TO LOOK OLD as you'll see in THIS TUTORIAL.
I'm headed out the door to the circular driveway...but before I head off I want to share this round up that I have for you today!
20 BEAUTIFUL ENTRYWAY DECOR IDEAS
- Vintage Eclectic Style Entrway from houseofhawthornes.com
- Stenciled Herringbone Entryway Storage Bench from madincrafts.com
- Rustic Farmhouse Entryway from cherishedbliss.com
- Entryway Sign-one Artsy Mama from oneartsymama.com
- Industrial Entryway With Storage from cherishedbliss.com
- Chalkboard DIY Entryway Organizer from blog.consumercrafts.com
- Black & White Entryway Refresh from thecraftedsparrow.com
- Updated Entryway with a $5 Yard Sale Find from confessionsofaserialdiyer.com
- Winter Entryway from lovegrowswild.com
- Rustic Charmer: From Dresser To Entryway Table from dwellinginhappiness.com
- Hello Sign: Laser Cut Entry Way Decor Idea from blog.consumercrafts.com
- DIY Gold Leaf Wood Slice Coat Hangers from desertdomicile.com
- DIY Monogrammed Doormat Tutorial from allparenting.com
- Personalized Home Welcome Mat from abeautifulmess.com
- DIY Chalkboard Sign Makeover from littleredwindow.com
- DIY Coat Rack Tutorial & Entryway Organization Products from polishedhabitat.com
- Entryway Organization from themerrythought.com
- Vintage Wood Shoe Stretcher Coat Hook from brightgreendoor.com
- Garden Sign Crate Entry Table On A Wall from funkyjunkinteriors.net
- DIY Hairpin Leg Entryway Table from thecasualcraftlete.com