Coming down from the sugar high of the holidays has been difficult and admittedly I do have quite an affinity for anything sweet. Salty goodies take a backseat to my tastebuds, and I would much rather have a cupcake any old day than a handful of chips or pretzels.
Cupcake baking is so easy and satisfying and I feel as if it's built in portion control, just as long as you don't eat the whole dozen at once:-). Cupcakes arethe ultimate versatile dessert and I've served them over the years at a variety of gatherings from birthday parties (the obvious), to dinner parties with friends to Girl Scouts back when I was a Girl Scout leader with my daughter's troop. You can go the route of baking from scratch or use a boxed mix and the add-ins are endless! My own favorites are generally of the chocolate variety and I love a good chocolate overload with something like double chocolate chip. Bake them in a pretty decorative pink wrapper, serve with some candy tossed on the table and instant party!
I enjoy baking and serving mini cupcakes, and for a small gathering above I styled a tiered stand with fresh fruit, bite sized muffins and mini cupcakes for guests to have a choice. Choices for guests are often appreciated and overlooked, and I try and give my guests several options.
Flavor combinations like chocolate and cherry take your taste buds to a new level, like these from Love & Custard.
While not traditional cupcakes by any stretch, these Valentine's Heart Box Cookies from Glorious Treats have to be one of the cutest Valentine's Day desserts that I've ever seen! Glory Albin also has an incredible cookbook called GLORIOUS LAYERED DESSERTS (affiliate) with much more to check out!
Want to see more? I've linked TWENTY VALENTINES DAY CUPCAKE RECIPES from some amazing bakers below...
- Valentine's Day Cupcakes from simplystacie.net
- Strawberry Red Velvet Cupcakes from thepinkwings.com
- Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe With Cream Cheese Frosting from browneyedbaker.com
- Frosted Hearts For Valentine's Day from amandascookin.com
- Valentine's Day Strawberry Mimosa Cupcakes from butterandtype.com
- Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe from globescoffers.com
- Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes from lifeloveandsugar.com
- Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Icing from cookiesforengland.com
- Red Velvet Cupcake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe from ricenflour.com
- Chocolate Valentine's Heart Cupcakes from glorioustreats.com
- Lemon Cupcakes With Raspberry Buttercream from bakerbynature.com
- Valentine Chocolate Cupcakes With Strawberry Buttercream from thebeachhousekitchen.com
- Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes from hungryhappenings.com
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes from yourcupofcake.com
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes from loveandcustard.com
- Chocolate Conversation Valentines Cupcakes from momendeavors.com
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes from justputzing.com
- Cookie Truffle Cupcakes from foodlovinfamily.com
- Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes from foodfanatic.com
- Beet Red Velvet Cupcakes from cookienameddesire.com
More VALENTINES DAY goodness coming your way soon...happy Monday everyone!